16 September 2009

That's why they're the teachers

This past Monday, photographer Rick Smith came to our class and spent the day with us. He gave us an assignment and set us loose for part of the day. When we came back with our completed assignments, we got the chance to see the ideas everyone else had come up with, and receive a critique from a professional photographer. My attempt was given praise for composition but criticism for other aspects. I took the feedback and ideas for making it better and reshot it the next day.
The photograph on the left was shot at f/8 @ 1/80 of
a second, ISO 200. The photograph on the right was shot at f/8 @ 1/30 of a second, ISO 200. With both, I used a Speedotron power pack and flash with a softbox in the RCC studio. This was a fun assignment and I enjoyed the day. Thanks for joining us Rick Smith!

1 comment:

  1. I think you did a good job on the second one. I think the confetti was a key to get a successful photo that represented the word celebration.

    ReplyDelete