15 September 2009

Boone Hall Plantation & Gardens

On my last trip to Charleston, SC I went to Boone Hall Plantation and Gardens to scout out a possible photo shoot site. Unfortunately, there were too many people milling around the grounds that day. As I was leaving, I passed an old house and decided to stop the car, go back and take pictures of it. On the walk back up the road, I found a peaceful scene. Some of the trees bent over the dirt road, creating a natural arch.
When I reached the old house I had seen, I went in to investigate and found mostly dirt and spiders. My favorite view of the spiders and the house was from OUTSIDE.
I finished photographing the house and had had enough of the mosquitos feasting on me so I walked back toward my car and decided to take some photos of the cornfield. My favorites were actually IN the cornfield.
This place, which I mistakenly called Boone's Farm all day, was beautiful and historic. Visit in person or online today!

No comments:

Post a Comment