08 September 2009

Lizzie

For this week’s Commercial Photography assignment, the task was to shoot a cover for the book Us and Them: A History of Intolerance in America. I chose the story Harriet Jacobs Owns Herself as my inspiration. This story details the experience of a runaway North Carolina slave girl. Pictured here is a new friend I met on Daniel Island, SC posing as Harriet Jacobs.

This photograph was shot with my Nikon D80 DSLR and a 200mm lens. The lighting was sunlight that was filtered through the trees surrounding the property. The exposure was 1/13 sec at f/5.6.
This is the barn used as the backdrop for my photograph.

1 comment:

  1. This is a lot different than what I pictured from your verbal description, but it turned out great! I love the soft lighting. It really fits in with the criteria. Great job!

    ReplyDelete