21 January 2010

Mmm...pie!

It's good to be back at school and feeling semi-productive again. I spent the last eight weeks of last semester on an internship at Viewpoint Studios in Greensboro, NC and had a WONDERFUL time. This semester started with a bang, or in my case, a cough. Hopefully, this past week has just been a rough beginning and the rest will be smooth sailing.
The first assignment of the semester involved food...dessert, specifically. Now, we've all heard the excuse, "The dog ate my homework!" and this assignment gives it a new twist; I ate my assignment...after I completed it!
This photograph was taken with a Mamiya 645 medium format camera with a Phase One digital back, tethered to a computer, using Capture One software. Thanks A.L. and J.B. for the input, and for helping me eat the evidence!

4 comments:

  1. Nice Job Susan!!!! love the little bokeh in the back and the nice mood lighting that goes with it! Great Work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, this pie looks amazing. the light is super pretty, with nice, soft highlights, and detail in the shadows. i mean, damn. i just wish i could see a little more of the fork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan
    I am so glad you posted this. This is possibly my favorite piece of work from you. The strawberry actually makes this photo for me. I love the pop of color. Any food network enthusiast knows any display of food needs a little bit of green. Excellent depth of field choice. Keep up the great work....I WANT TO SEE MORE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very soft and dreamy, I love it! The background adds nice colors to the overall feel. I like the smooth.

    ReplyDelete